Easy Fresh Pasta
Making homemade pasta is surprisingly easy. We use a pasta roller, which is a piece of kitchen equipment well worth buying. The resulting pasta is delicious and definitely worth the effort.
Easy Fresh Pastatime: 60 minutes
servings: about 8 oz. pasta
- 1 ¾ cup flour
- ½ Tbsp salt
- 2 eggs
- ½ Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp water
- Mix flour and salt.
- Add eggs, oil, and 1 Tbsp water.
- Mix slowly, adding more water as needed until dough forms a ball.
- Knead for 3 minutes, until dough is smooth and elastic.
- Cover with a towel and let rest for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to a boil. Salt the water generously.
- Divide dough into four parts.
- Roll each section out on a lightly floured surface until it will fit through the thickest setting on your pasta maker.
- Lightly flour the dough and feed it through the pasta maker on the thickest setting.
- Continue feeding the strips of dough through the pasta maker, gradually putting them through thinner settings until they are the desired thickness.
- Let rolled dough rest, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Lightly flour the dough again, then feed it through the cutting portion of your pasta maker.
- Cook your pasta for 3 minutes and drain. Toss lightly with oil to keep it from sticking, and set aside.
This is the pasta after being rolled to the desired thickness and resting before being cut.
Make sure you flour your pasta a bit so it doesn't stick to your machine.
Ta-da! Fresh pasta, ready to cook!