Chipotle Veggie Pasta
Pasta is a standard Fat Friday lunch. We love pasta. Especially cheesy pasta with vegetables! Chipotle added to this ones makes it spicy and awesome.
Chipotle Veggie Pastatime: 30 minutes
- 1 pound penne pasta
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 black pepper
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 7 oz can of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce - use all the sauce and one finely chopped pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 orange bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 oz spinach, chopped
- 15 oz can artichoke hearts, chopped
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 pound asparagus, chopped into small pieces
- 6 oz shredded parmesan cheese
- cilantro and grated parmesan for garnish
- Fill large pot with water and heat to boiling.
- Add asparagus and boil for 3 minutes. Remove asparagus (leave hot water in pot), rinse with cold water and set aside.
- Return water to a boil and cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add bell peppers and onions and cook until translucent.
- Add garlic and cook 1 more minute.
- Add honey, adobo sauce, chipotle pepper, cream, and cheese. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add cooked pasta, asparagus, and peas.
- Stir together and heat for 1 more minute.
- Remove from heat and garnish with cilantro and grated parmesan.
Ready to eat!
Cast iron skillets are so photogenic, aren't they?
Rosemary bread from our favorite local bakery and cafe! They make it every Friday and we love to buy some to have with Fat Friday lunch. It's amazing.Yum