Squash & Feta Tart
This lunch combines four of our favorite ingredients: butternut squash, feta cheese, puff pastry, and rosemary. Plus, you know, eggs for protein.
Squash and Feta Tartservings: 8
time: 1 1/2 hours
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry
- 20 oz butternut squash
- 7 oz feta cheese
- 5 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Remove sheet of puff pastry from freezer and thaw.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Roll out puff pastry until it will overhang a 10" tart pan. Carefully place in pan and trim off excess.
- Line pastry with foil and pie weights or pennies and bake for 15 minutes, until pastry is beginning to brown.
- Remove pie weights and foil and set aside. Lower oven temperature to 325 degrees.
- Meawhile, cut squash into very thin slices.
- In medium bowl, whisk eggs, cream, garlic, salt, pepper, and half of the rosemary.
- Sprinkle half of your feta over the partially cooked pastry crust. Top with squash and remaining feta, then pour in egg mixture. Sprinkle with additional chopped rosemary.
- Cover exposed puff pastry edge with a baking shield or aluminum foil.
- Bake for 60 minutes, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Rolling out the puff pastry
Lay across pan
Trim excess and fold under all around the edge
Eggs, cream, herbs & spices
We highly recommend investing in these crust shields - they're so much easier to deal with than aluminum foil!
Taaa-daaaaaaa! Pretty, right?
Ready to eat!