Chocolate Peanut Pretzel Bites
We're baaaaaaack! We've both been too busy to have a proper Fat Friday in a MONTH. I'm sure you've all been going through withdrawal without our food posts showing up each week - constantly refreshing the blog page anxiously awaiting new recipes, am I right? Well, never fear, because we are back at it and have some delicious things to share with you again at last.
Peanut butter + pretzels + chocolate. Do I really even need to say more than that? Who doesn't love all those things?! And, guess what - these are even quick and easy. Just make them. Do it.
Also, we need to take a moment to show off our new recipe notebook and glazed-donut scented pens for Fat Friday use. You're all super jealous, right? You should be.
Chocolate Peanut Pretzel Bitesservings: about 18 pieces
time: 20 minutes prep, 1.5 hours total
- 1 1/2 cups pretzel sticks, broken into small pieces
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp powdered sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips (whichever chocolate you like best - milk, semisweet, or dark. We used semisweet)
- 1 Tbsp shortening
- crumbled pretzel bits for garnish (optional)
- Put your pretzel sticks into a sealed bag and break them into small pieces with a rolling pin.
- In a small bowl, combine peanut butter, butter, sugars, and salt.
- Add pretzel bits and mix until combined.
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper or a silicone baking mat. Using about 2 tsp of the mixture at a time, roll into balls and place on baking sheet.
- Chill for 30 minutes.
- Melt chocolate and shortening in your microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring after each, until melted and smooth.
- Using a fork, dip each chilled ball into the chocolate and roll until thoroughly coated. Return to baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with crushed pretzel if desired.
- Chill for 30 more minutes.
- Serve! Store any uneaten bites in the refrigerator.
Some process pics:
You probably already have all of these thing on hand!
Just add pretzels.
They roll and shape very easily. Now just chill!
Taaa-daaa! Easy, yet fancy-looking.Yum