Christened "Delish Balls" by our six-year-old unpaid apprentice, and so they shall now be known. I guess you could call them by their more prosaic name of Nutella Oreo Truffles, but, really, why would you? Nutella + Oreos = instant happiness. These are very easy truffles - the trickiest part (or, at least, the most time-consuming) is dipping them in chocolate; otherwise they're easy-peasy.
Delish Balls AKA Nutella Orea Truffles
servings: 45 truffles
time: 1 hour (includes 30 minutes chilling time)
- 24 Oreo cookies (we used Double Stuf Oreos)
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- 4 Tbsp butter, softened
- 2 cups chocolate chips (we used semi-sweet, but use whatever type of chocolate you like best)
- 1 Tbsp shortening
- 3 Oreos without filling, crushed, for garnish
- Use food processor to pulverize 24 Oreos.
- In large bowl, mix Nutella and softened butter.
- Add crushed Oreos and mix until thoroughly incorporated.
- Use 1" cookie scoop to measure out mixture and roll into balls.
- Place on a wax paper lined cookie sheet and chill for 30 minutes.
- Melt chocolate chips and shortening.
- Dip each ball into your melted chocolate and place back on waxed paper.
- Sprinkle with additional crushed Oreo if desired.
- Chill until serving.
Truffles are so beautiful. Look at all that chocolate!
We're all in agreement that you can't go wrong with Oreos and Nutella, right?