Southwestern Chipotle Quiche
This is an amazing quiche. We're always a bit dubious trying a new quiche recipe - there seem to be a lot of mediocre ones out there. Fear not - this one ranks among the best we've had! Even our meat-loving husbands enjoyed this vegetarian quiche. It's packed with flavor, and since it's filled with beans and corn you can eat it without feeling too guilty.
Southwestern Chipotle Quicheservings: 6-8 slices
time: 90 minutes (includes 60 minutes for chilling and baking)
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup frozen butter
- 4-5 Tbsp ice water
- 1/2 cup black beans
- 1/2 cup roasted corn
- 1/4 cup sauteed onion
- 2 Tbsp cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 2 chipotle peppers plus 2 tsp adobo sauce
- avocados and sour cream for topping, if desired
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine flour and 1/4 tsp salt.
- Cut in frozen butter.
- Add ice water 1 Tbsp at a time until dough will form a ball.
- Form dough into a disc, tightly wrap with plastic wrap, and chill for 30 minutes.
- Roll out chilled dough into a 12" circle.
- Roll dough around rolling pin and unroll over your pie pan. Press dough into pan, trim dough to a 1/2" overhang around edge, and tuck excess dough under itself. Seal with pinched fingers.
- Add black beans, corn, onions, cilantro, and 1/4 cup of your cheese to your pie crust.
- In blender or food processor, blend eggs, 1/2 tsp salt, milk, peppers and adobo sauce until smooth.
- Pour egg mixture into pie crust and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 35 minutes, until egg is thoroughly cooked.
- Let stand 5-10 minutes before slicing.
- Top with chopped avocado and/or sour cream if desired.
Gather up your ingredients...
Put in your non-eggy bits
Cover with the spicy egg mixture
And bake until golden and delicious!