Caramel Apple Cinnamon Rolls
It's fall, which means - apple season! This is one of our favorite recipes, and it seems like the perfect time to share it. Get to your local apple orchard, pick some apples, and start baking!
Caramel Apple Cinnamon Rollstime: 1 hour
servings: 12 rolls
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 envelope rapid-rise yeast
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 5 Tbsp butter, softened
- 2 large apples, peeled, cored, and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup caramel sauce (this recipe has an easy and yummy homemade one)
- In a medium microwave safe-bowl, combine milk, water, and butter. Heat on high for 1 minute, then remove and stir.
- Heat and stir in 30-second intervals until butter is melted and milk is warm.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer, with the dough hook attachment, add flour, sugar, salt, yeast, warm milk mixture, and egg.
- Beat on medium-low speed to combine. Add up to 1/4 cup additional flour if dough is too sticky.
- Continue to knead dough for 5 minutes.
- Cover bowl with a damp towel and let sit for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 10"x14" rectangle.
- Spread softened butter over surface.
- Sprinkle on sugar topping, then sprinkle on half of your apples and pecans.
- Drizzle with half of caramel sauce.
- Roll the dough tightly the long way, forming a 14" long roll.
- Cut into 12 even pieces and place in a greased 9"x13" baking pan.
- Cover with damp towel and let rise 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Uncover and top with remaining apple and pecan pieces.
- Bake uncovered for 20 minutes, then cover with foil and bake for an additional 5-10 minutes.
- Cool for at least 10 minutes, then pour remaining caramel sauce on top and serve.
Ready to go in the oven
Ready to eat!
Apple cider to go with our apple rollsYum