Peanut Butter Stuffed Chocolate Muffins
Peanut butter and chocolate together are ALWAYS a match made in heaven. You can't go wrong, right? And these are MUFFINS, not cupcakes which means: healthy. No frosting means these are part of a balanced breakfast.
Peanut Butter-Stuffed Chocolate Muffinsservings: 18 muffins
time: 45 minutes
Peanut butter filling:
- 8 oz cream cheese
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2⁄3 cup yogurt
- 2 cups flour
- ½ cup cocoa
- 1 ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 cups chocolate chips, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line 18 muffin cups with liners.
- In medium bowl, microwave peanut butter and cream cheese in 10-second intervals until combined, stirring each time.
- Stir in sugar, egg, and vanilla. Set aside.
- In large bowl, whisk together oil, sugar, and milk.
- Stir in eggs and vanilla until well combined.
- Gently stir in yogurt and set aside.
- In medium bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt.
- Fold flour mixture into wet ingredients.
- Gently stir in 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips.
- Scoop chocolate batter into each muffin cup until half full.
- Scoop peanut butter filling on top of chocolate batter until it is used up and evenly divided.
- Cover peanut butter filling with additional chocolate batter until used up and evenly divided. Your muffin cups will be very full and that's ok!
- Sprinkle tops of muffins with remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes, until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Store muffins in your refrigerator.